Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Max's vote is in....

Zoe is going to stay!! Max is a new dog with Zoe around. We know lots of you thought we were insane for getting a puppy, and we were in some regards, but Zoe is so awesome. Max needs to play ALOT and Zoe fullfills that need for him. He no longer stands around barking at me to play and if anything he tries to sneak away from the pounching puppy coming at him from all directions quite frequently. Mike taught Zoe to sit in literally 2 minutes. She is certainly motivated by food, maybe that is why Charlie likes her so much??? The kids simply adore her. Charlie still prefers to call her "puppy" rather than Zoe but that is fine. Michelle gets a kick out of putting her in her cabinet (AKA crate) and actually does it rather easily. I have coerce Zoe in but not Michelle, I'll often come around the corner to Michelle giving Zoe treats through the closed crate. I should learn from her I suppose.

We have also started potty training Michelle. Once again, I'm not sure what motivated me to start but I think it was that she was telling Zoe not to go on the floor so I thought this would be a good training opportunity. She woke up from her nap today dry and went on the potty. She was so proud of herself!! I'm not sure if this was progress or a one time thing only time will tell.

Here are some new photos for kicks:




3 comments:

staceyhedman said...

I'm pretty sure this post is going to come back to haunt you when Michelle is 14 years old ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG they are ALL so cute! yeah, and save that potty picture for her first date with a really cute boy she REALLLYYY likes. LOL

Heather said...

We just finished potty training Lauren and I am so happy...She is in panties all day and we just diaper her at night for bedtime...good luck...Love the new puppy!