Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Word War

We are having a blast with our little parrot Michelle and thus we've started a word war through her. I taught her to respond to "where do you wan to go" with "magic kingdom", but now Mike is trying to get her to stay "Naples" instead. Her Mimi got her a book about apples and since Naples is so close to apples she will often say the two together, it is really funny. Do you suppose she wants to go apple picking in Naples?

We have also taught her that her daddy is a policeman and that policemen say "stop" with their hand out. I'll have to get a video of that.

And now for the embarassing statements...

Yesterday there was a segment on the news about McDonalds and Michelle started repeating over and over "mommy's coke, mommy's coke", it was amusing but definitely embarassing that I'm there that much.

Then when Mike was getting into his truck for work after a morning of sledding and Michelle wanting more, she went over the the kitchen window and knocked yelling "Mike" (yes, I've done this to get his attention before) Then when he didn't respond she knocked harder and yelled "Michael", LOL.

3 comments:

Jennyeve said...

Love the snow pics! And Michelle knocking on the window to get Mike's attention made me about pee my pants! She is such a fun gal! You are a wonderful mommy Tracy!

Anonymous said...

THAT is hysterical. YOu have officially hit the "I am going to repeat everything you say mode"! Have fun with that! LOL

Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

That is too funny. I too have been more than a little embarrassed about what comes out of Ana's mouth.
I do think it is hilarious that Ana calls Dereje "Honey" in a very patronizing voice...I told Manda that I wondered where she got that!