Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First Day of School and Swimming

We had quite an eventful day around here today, both Michelle and Charlie had fun filled days at their respective "firsts". Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of Charlie's big day at swimming, but I assure you he had SO much fun. He did have me in hysterics as we pulled into the YMCA parking lot. They are doing a major overhaul of the building so there are lots of trucks and sand piles. We had been talking about swimming and when he saw the piles of sand he started excitedly saying "swimming at the beach, swimming at the beach." Apparently he didn't notice the snow covering some of the piles. I'm hoping Mike will have a day off some Tuesday to come photograph Charlie's sheer excitement.

Michelle did great at school, neither of us even cried!!!! I had a moment but I controlled myself. Now granted should she cry next time, I'm sure to myself. We started the morning with some blueberry muffins.....(don't ask about the booster on the floor, she had a mind of her own this morning)




We then had to sing a song in our kitty piano....



Do a little dance.....




Okay now we're ready....(I would like to note, I figured Charlie would have a fit not being able to stay at school so I told him we were going swimming. Well this initially backfired because right before these photos were taken Michelle was crying saying she wanted to go swimming not to school)


Apparently Michelle did great. She did cry at pick up when she saw me because they asked her wait until her name was called in circle time. On Thursday she gets to celebrate her birthday, how many times can a girl celebrate, I mean this is getting insane!!!!

Here she is showing Charlie and I her artwork from the day.


Oh yes, and why not finish off the day brusing your teeth in your new rain hat, really doesn't everyone wear a rain hat when they brush? Do you think she was trying to tell me Charlie splashes?

No comments: